Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

M.Tech-Computer Science Project in IPv6

Status
Not open for further replies.

chd_cool

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing M.Tech-CS. There is one project in the last semester. I am intending to do project in IPv6. But there are many confusions in my minds like:

1. In project one need to prepare something to perform to show, but what can be shown in IPv6 to perform.

installation &validation failed in ns2.31 on ubuntu 10.04 lucid

hi ,
i also doing project on ipv6.

Actually me and my friends trying to install ns2.31 on ubuntu 10.04 since 1 month but not good results came yet.this is the error came when i install and validate....

error occur while ./install

checking for XShmAttach in -lXext... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking system version (for dynamic loading)... Linux-2.6.32-33-generic
No explicit static compilation flag; setting V_STATIC to ""
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
rm -f libotcl.so otcl.o so_locations
gcc-4.3 -c -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -DUSE_SHM -fpic -I. -I/home/guna/ns-allinone-2.31/include -I/home/guna/ns-allinone-2.31/include -I/home/guna/ns-allinone-2.31/include -I/include otcl.c
make: gcc-4.3: Command not found
make: *** [libotcl.so] Error 127
otcl-1.13 make failed! Exiting ...
See The Network Simulator ns-2: Installation Problems and Help for problems
guna@ubuntu:~/ns-allinone-2.31$

error occur while ./validate

Running test full-asymmetric:
../../ns test-suite-delaybox.tcl full-asymmetric QUIET
./test-all-template1: 149: ../../ns: Too many levels of symbolic links
Test not implemented
All test output agrees with reference output.
Fri Dec 30 12:22:30 IST 2011
These messages are NOT errors and can be ignored:
warning: using backward compatibility mode
This test is not implemented in backward compatibility mode

validate overall report: some tests failed:
./test-all-simultaneous
to re-run a specific test, cd tcl/test; ./test-all-TEST-NAME
Notice that some tests in webcache will fail on freebsd when -O is turned on.
This is due to some event reordering, which will disappear when -g is turned on.
guna@ubuntu:~/ns-allinone-2.31/ns-2.31$ source ~/.bashrc
guna@ubuntu:~/ns-allinone-2.31/ns-2.31$ ns
ns: command not found
guna@ubuntu:~/ns-allinone-2.31/ns-2.31$

sir,

i used so many different installation steps all is failed, currently i used this steps......

How to install NS2 with Ubuntu 10.04 By Noor Zaman

This manual will work for NS2 allinone-2.34 with Ubuntu 10.4. As Ubuntus new version 10.04 needs following packages before any further installation, otherwise it will not work with it.
Please follow the following steps:

1. Install necessary tools for building:

sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libxmu-dev gcc-4.3

2. It turns out that otcl does not like the version of gcc installed by default in Lucid. So go ahead and change ns-allinone-2.34/otcl-1.13/Makefile.in. Find the line that says:

CC= @CC@
and change it to:
CC= gcc-4.3
3. Now follow the following steps for installation of nsallinone 2.34 and it will work with your machine. (copy ns-allinone-2.34.tar.gz)

Suppose that there is "ns-allinone-2.33.tar.gz" in current directory (e.g. "~/" for me is "/home/noor").
All steps are done in Terminal, so open a terminal in Accessories/Terminal.To extract the file:
tar xvfz ./ns-allinone-2.33.tar.gz

4. Change your directory within terminal as following way

$ cd /home/noor$ cd /home/noor/ns-allinone-2.34

5. Download & install some packages from repository if needed (Now its optional)

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libxmu-dev
6. Install the ns2

$ cd ns-allinone-2.34
$ ./install
7. Edit some paths

$ gedit ~/.bashrc
8. Put these lines on that file in the last. Off course, you might change /home/noor for it depends on where you extract ns-allinone-2.34.tar.

# LD_LIBRARY_PATHOTCL_LIB=/home/noor/ns-allinone-2.34/otcl-1.13NS2_LIB=/home/noor/ns-allinone-2.34/libX11_LIB=/usr/X11R6/libUSR_LOCAL_LIB=/usr/local/libexport LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$OTCL_LIB:$NS2_LIB:$X11_LIB:$USR_LOCAL_LIB# TCL_LIBRARYTCL_LIB=/home/noor/ns-allinone-2.34/tcl8.4.18/libraryUSR_LIB=/usr/libexport TCL_LIBRARY=$TCL_LIB:$USR_LIB# PATHXGRAPH=/home/noor/ns-allinone-2.34/bin:/home/noor/ns-allinone-2.34/tcl8.4.18/unix:/home/noor/ns-allinone-2.34/tk8.4.18/unix:/home/noor/ns-allinone-2.34/xgraph-12.1/NS=/home/noor/ns-allinone-2.34/ns-2.34/NAM=/home/noor/ns-allinone-2.34/nam-1.13/export PATH=$PATH:$XGRAPH:$NS:$NAM

9. Validate it (take very long time compare to install process)
$ cd ns-2.33$ ./validate

10. Let it take effect immediately

$ source ~/.bashrc

11. Try to run it as following way, by just typing ns with terminal

$ ns
12. If the installation is successful, then you will be able to see % at the command prompt. Type following command to exit
% exit

13. Good luck and please keep remember me in your prays(Thanks in advance). Noor Zaman, King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia.

sir pls help me...thanks in advance.....

I have no idea about that. Sorry.....

Status
Not open for further replies.