Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lumped elements in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneshat

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lumped element in hfss

I'm wondering whether it is possible to use lumped element (ideal inductor and capacitor) in HFSS.If so how can we do that?
I want to use this possibility (if there is) to model Metamaterials (Those materials with negative refractive index) in HFSS.I appreciate your help.

hfss negative epsilon

mneshat said:
I'm wondering whether it is possible to use lumped element (ideal inductor and capacitor) in HFSS.If so how can we do that?
I want to use this possibility (if there is) to model Metamaterials (Those materials with negative refractive index) in HFSS.I appreciate your help.

Yes, you cam assign lumped RLC components, same procedure with assigning lumped port. Current HFSS can not support negative refractive index calculation.

Regards,

hfss refraction index

Well, you cannot input materials with negative epsilon and negative mu but you can observe the NR phenomenon by other means like looking at a dispersion diagram etc.
My two paise (Indian equivalent for cent, 1 cent = 45 paise) worth.

-svarun

Planar negative refractive index media using periodically L-C loaded transmission lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back