Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTM4644 second opinion about the COMP Pin function

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayang

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi in the LTM4644 (https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/LTM4644-4644-1.pdf), page 7 its says that " COMP is Current Control Threshold and Error Amplifier Compensation Point of Each Switching Mode Regulator Channel. The internal current comparator threshold is proportional to this voltage. Tie the COMP pins togetherfor parallel operation. The device is internally compensated." But not stated if I can float or mark as unconnected if not in use.

Should I leave it float or should I mark as Unconnected?

Thank you.

Hi,

Datasheet, Typical application, Fig33: 4 individual regulators.

Klaus
Hi,

okay leave this float.

Thanks
--- Updated ---

Hi,

Datasheet, Typical application, Fig33: 4 individual regulators.

Klaus
Hi,

What about the CLKIN, CLKOUT, and TEMP, can I leave it float or should I mark is as Unconnected sir?

Many thanks.

Jess

Last edited:

Hi,

my pedantic view (not for you only, but also all others reading this thread)
(not meant rude nor offensive. Just explaining the difference)

Basically you leave it unconnected, but not floating, because it is (weakly) driven internally.

Examples:
* an unconnected true input is "floating". Means the voltage at this node is not known. It may be HIGH, or LOW, or something inbetween.
* an unconnected input with enabled internal pullup is not floating, it is HIGH.
* there also are pull downs, or bus keepers to prevent (unconnected or connected) pins from floating

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back