Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTCC/HTCC Ceramic substrate PCB board design and manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hndxwzq

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all,
I am trying to design a printed circuit board (a gate driver board for MOSFETs) using Low-Temperature/High-Temperature Cofired Ceramic (LTCC/HTCC)substrate, instead of the common FR4 or epoxy substrate. My questions are:
Are there any manufacturer/company who can help me do this in U.S.?
How about the cost compared to the conventional FR4 PCB?

Thanks very much

Kyocera America Inc. is based in San Diego, and can either build to print or help with design. We manufacture in LTCC, HTCC, and organics (such as FR-4). HTCC\LTCC are more expensive than organics in general, but are much better for certain environments and applications. What quantity are you looking for?

Kyocera America Inc. is based in San Diego, and can either build to print or help with design. We manufacture in LTCC, HTCC, and organics (such as FR-4). HTCC\LTCC are more expensive than organics in general, but are much better for certain environments and applications. What quantity are you looking for?

Actually, we want to use the LTCC/HTCC based circuit board for high-temperature environments (ambient temperature > 150 oC).
I don't know the relationship between the quantity and the price, but in the initial test, I may need around 10 to 20 boards.
Another question is that can I have bare silicon-on-insulator (SOI) chip dies directly wire-bonded on the LTCC/HTCC boards, i.e. Chip-on-board (COB).
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.