Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lpc2148 embedded c programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lpc2148

I am using lpc2148 board with lcd and 4x4 keypad
integrated on board.
i need enter the data from keyboard and tat will be displayed on to
lcd and same data to be send to uart

Re: lpc2148

Hi, pampa

First of all you need to read the datasheets for lpc 2148. You have not posted which lcd you are using. Anyway, First start with lcd and display single charactor and string using it. After that go to keypad and finally integrate both. UART is not an issue as if you get output on LCD, it's easy to get same on UART. Tell me if there is any problems.

Niks

Hi Niks

Thank you for replying..

Sure niki... I will go throgh the data sheets.. I hope i can start the programming with arm..

Niks I got some basic codes for lcd, keyboard,buzzler, and stepper motor and i have gone thoough those... in header files (lpc2148.h, uart.h, type.h, keypad.h etc) they defined many variable(around 300 to 1000) with some registers like (FI012 FIO0DIR FIO0MASK3) and they assigned with some values like 0x000ad123... As i tolf i am very new to this. I know programing 8051 but its completely diffrent from the arm...

Niki if you have any codes realted to kaypad to lcd display codes.. please let me know so i can understand the logic..

Hi,

I think first you need to start with the GPIOs, the ports for lpc 2148 and then move to uart and lcd. In datasheet you will find registers for GPIOs. Start with led on off. Here I am attaching a file which lists many codes for lpc 2148 but it is good if you see datasheet before using the codes.

Attachments

• lpc2148_demo_latest_1216.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 557

Thanks a lot Niks..

thanks for sending codes.. i will go through attachments...

Thanks a lot Nikunj!!!!
which IDE do u use?
:)

Hi nik..
which is the IDE that u are using fr these demo programs..
cause its not working in the KEIL uvision4 IDE..

thanks..
vinay

I was using keil uvision3 for the programs. You should need to make some changes in the code according to your requirements. As i said before these are demo programs but cannot work directly. make some changes in code.

NIKS

Nik
it isnt even reading the code properly...
displaying some weird symbols..

ok i`ll do some changes and get back to u.. :)
thanks

Vinay

Thanks Nikunj Tanna :) :p

Dear Friends,

I m very new to ARM
and using KEIL UV4 for Programming LPC2148. I like to write the code in C.

Can some one just give me an example program or suggest some links to get some sample codes.

Please help.Thanks in Advance..

Dear Friends,

I m very new to ARM
and using KEIL UV4 for Programming LPC2148. I like to write the code in C.

Can some one just give me an example program or suggest some links to get some sample codes.

Please help.Thanks in Advance..

See the above post of Nikunj Tanna.

That is having LPC2148 Example codes..

Status
Not open for further replies.