Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LPC1111 32-bit for 65 cent! 8-bit finally going obsolete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsanjose

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know that 8-bit has been pronounced dead many times and yet it sells in the highest unit volume all over the world. If there was any serious attempt to place a 32-bit in the 8-bit domain, this one is the one to beat now.
The LPC1100 from NXP is announced at 65 US-cent in a 33-pin package @10k pieces.
Headline on **broken link removed**

Bob

Re: LPC1111 32-bit for 65 cent! 8-bit finally going obsolete

LPC1100 ,LPC1300,LPC1700 are excellent ,I hope philips give good and seperate firmware driver library on the three groups,I am sure many people will start with this new micros and leave AVR ,xmega,PIC,MSP430,...

I want to do my new designs with them.

Re: LPC1111 32-bit for 65 cent! 8-bit obsolete? Low power!!

7rots51 said:
they are low price (start from 1$ ,stop at 6$)

Well as stated above, they start at 65 cent given 10k quantity and smallest device.
**broken link removed**
However, they might not stop at $6, at least not in quantities below 10k. Your point is very well taken though, these devices offer A LOT for the money.

7rots51 said:
50MHZ,72MHZ,100MHZ speed
low power 150, 250 uA/MHz in active mode
For specifics on low power modes it is very important to check the datasheets and check how well the power saving modes are applicable for the target application.

Example: Given two MCUs, both offer same power everything and both need to wake up 10 times / second to execute 10 lines of code. Once of them needs 10 usec to wake up the other only needs 2 usec to wake up. Alwhough the datasheet for both might look 99% identical, the fast wake up time will give one MCU almost 5 times the battery life compared to the other. Just a thought :)

One device that covers all bases for battery savings really well is this one:
**broken link removed**
Although the CPU actually uses more power than a Cortex-M0, overall, it is tough to beat.

Re: LPC1111 32-bit for 65 cent! 8-bit finally going obsolete

Addendum to the LPC1111 posting.
Just read that NXP is doing a design contest titled "what can you do with 65 cent"

They will provide up to 2000 boards for free for qualified applicants. Qualified = you need to register first and describe a small project you would like to do with the LPC.

Have fun, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back