Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LPC 1547 RTC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iyaps

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am using LPC1547JBD64 controller for my project.I planned to use internal RTC for clock. As per the datasheet there is seconds counter only available. I am already worked with the LPC1788 controller.In LPC1788 controller it has sperate registers for DATE,MONTH,YEAR,HOUR,MIN,SEC.But in LPC1547 controller there is no registers like that. But they need battery backup for RTC. what is the reason for battery backup for RTC Power-on domain without these registers..

So what is my problem is "Can i use internal RTC for date update or i need a external RTC??"

if you have any ideas about this please let me know.

With Regards,
Iyaps

Hi,

You don't tell how many bits is the seconds register.

If it is only 8 bits wide, I have to agree, it's not very useful. It overflows in 4 minutes

But if it is 32 bits wide, then it overflows in more than 100 years. It's not unusual to calculate the date/time from a seconds counter.

Refer to unix time.. it counts the seconds from beginning of Jan. 1st 1970 UTC.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

Klaus

Hi KlausST,

Thanks for your reply.
We moved to External RTC. Because its easy and no need to spend a lot of time for minute,hour,date,etc., calculations.

Thanks.

Hi,

and no need to spend a lot of time for minute,hour,date,etc., calculations.

I´m sure there are libraries for those functions.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back