Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low voltage rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

stud.taneja

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to make a low voltage rectifier operating at 2 GHz frequency ....can u tell me which diode will be the best for that purpose

Check you Avago Tech's diodes.
Schottky Diodes

Sort for "RF/microwave mixer/detector diode" under Product Name. I think most of them will get you into the low GHz range. These packages are nice for making temp-compensated RF detector circuits. Google for the whitepaper on it, shouldn't be too tough to find.

enjunear , thanks for the help

i want to use a back diode as I want high efficiency........can you tell me if its a good idea to do so

Hello stud.taneja
Did you tried imped or traped or gan diodes ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

... imped or traped or gan diodes ?

I guess goldsmith thinks of IMPATT or TRAPATT or GUNN diodes which all are not appropriate for low power microwave detection: they are used for microwave high power generation (oscillators) or amplification.

enjunear , thanks for the help

i want to use a back diode as I want high efficiency........can you tell me if its a good idea to do so

I haven't used tunnel/back diodes for that purpose, so I can't say one way or another. Some research/simulation/lab time may be in order to compare the two approaches, if you can't find evidence to support a decision from the literature.

Dear erikl
Hi
Thank you for your remark . you're right . and sorry for my wrong writing ( impet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!) .
Best Regards
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.