Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low voltage power supply design issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonika tanwani

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I need to design a 3.3V, 2.5V, 1.2V power supplies for my FPGA board. The 5V power has been taken from PC. For 3.3V and 2.5V, LM317 has been used. For 1.2V, LT1963 has been made use of. But the working environment for which this card generates I/O is very noisy generating 5kV/5kA switching voltages and currents in each flash lamp and there are several in number. I wanted to know whether the power suuply will sustain under these conditions and if need to make a reliable power supply design, what additional components and precautions need to be considered. Kindly help me in this regard.

hi

You can use transient suppressor and Zener diode on main +5V power supply from which you branch out supplies depending upon noise levels

Status
Not open for further replies.