Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low cost wireless transceivers with tunable frequency and power

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_anderson

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am looking for a low-cost wireless module that is working on the 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz (or any other unlicensed frequency). I will be using it to run in-lab experiments. My preference is something with variable output power and tunable frequency. Most importantly I want the module to function as a typical transmitter i.e., it doesn't come loaded with any protocol or stuff like that because I want to control it with my own controller.

Any recommendations, ideas would be highly appreciated. I did some search on the internet and got some candidates like the ones from the cc family by Texas instruments but getting more feedback from you guys will be more helpful.

Regards.
Anderson.

I have been using some of the Hope modules at 868MHz and 915MHz and am pleased with them. They use the Semtech chips I believe. They also make 2.4GHz modules but I haven't used them.

Keith

Go with nRF24L01+ module. you can check this site for more info and it is cheap.operate in 2.4GHz.

Hi
mailus, I understand that the nRFL01 has some predetermined 125 channels so I can choose a channel not a real specific frequency, is that so?

Keith, thank you for your note, a chip or module will do it for me. Thx for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back