Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for: schematic for 9V/2A smps

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro-engineer

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, i need a schematic/design for a 9V/2A smps with ac input=220V. thanks.

Many cellphone chargers use TOPswitch switcher. You can get the transformer out of it. Most are 5V output but since input range is 90-260vac and your are running it at 220vac you should be able to change sense divider resistors that sets output voltage to 9v.

One used for smart phone have higher output current. You will find two opto couplers. One controls output voltage feedback, one controls current limit feedback.

Make sure any electrolytics voltage ratings on output can handle the higher DC voltage.

i have to need a schematic/design for a 12V/2A smps with ac input= 90V to 220V

Hi,
Most suitable controllers for your power requirements will be those that have integrated controller and power switch. As suggested above PI (Power Integrations) devices such as TopSwitch, DPASwitch, LNKSwitch, TNYSwitch, etc will do a great job. Like suggested above, check Welcome To Power Integrations | Power Integrations
You can also look at the VIPERswitch from ST which are also quite popular. For that goto Welcome to STMicroelectronics
Other possibilities include a discrete controller eg. UC3842/3/4/5 and a POWER MOSFET eg IRF740, IRF840, STP..., etc.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Hi,
Most suitable controllers for your power requirements will be those that have integrated controller and power switch. As suggested above PI (Power Integrations) devices such as TopSwitch, DPASwitch, LNKSwitch, TNYSwitch, etc will do a great job. Like suggested above, check Welcome To Power Integrations | Power Integrations
You can also look at the VIPERswitch from ST which are also quite popular. For that goto Welcome to STMicroelectronics
Other possibilities include a discrete controller eg. UC3842/3/4/5 and a POWER MOSFET eg IRF740, IRF840, STP..., etc.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

can give me Other possibilities ditails include a discrete controller eg. UC3842/3/4/5 and a POWER MOSFET eg IRF740, IRF840, STP..., etc.

thank u

can give me Other possibilities ditails include a discrete controller eg. UC3842/3/4/5 and a POWER MOSFET eg IRF740, IRF840, STP..., etc.
thank u
First of all welcome back to EDA board. We were almost bored as we didnt find you for a couple of months may be.

Nice..."If you cant write, just copy paste from the previous post." By the way, this was your requirement one year back if i remember when you were asking to design a SMPS with 35 volts dual output with the same devices. Sorry i coudnt get those posts of yours to quote here. Still sticking to the same requirement?

Glad to be back here. Was ill for quite some time.

Sahu, What kind of details do you need?

Hi,
I don't think you can do that with UC384x and MOSFET with flyback topology.
24v x 25a = 600va which is much beyond the practical capabilities of flyback topology.
I suggest you use half-bridge or full-bridge topology. Half-bridge would be more cost effective.
You could use SG3525 as the controller, 2 power MOSFETs (high VDS), a shunt resistor and comparator circuit for short-circuit protection, output schottky diodes and a feedback loop.
I think that even if you were handed a circuit, you can't implement it without proper background knowledge on SMPS, so you should study on the topic, especially from books by authors like Marty Brown ("Power supply cookbook"), Raymond Mack ("Switching Power supplies demystified").

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Glad to be back here. Was ill for quite some time.

Sahu, What kind of details do you need?

dear friend
right now i hav req. 24 v \ 25 amp batt charger. at lowest price
i want use
VIPre22A + BU505 + smps trnsformmer
it posibol ?

Hi,
I don't think you can do that with UC384x and MOSFET with flyback topology or for the matter VIPER22 with flyback.
24v x 25a = 600va which is much beyond the practical capabilities of flyback topology.
I suggest you use half-bridge or full-bridge topology. Half-bridge would be more cost effective.
You could use SG3525 as the controller, IR211x or L638x for MOSFET driver, 2 power MOSFETs (high VDS), a shunt resistor and comparator circuit for short-circuit protection, output schottky diodes and a feedback loop.
I think that even if you were handed a circuit, you can't implement it without proper background knowledge on SMPS, so you should study on the topic, especially from books by authors like Marty Brown ("Power supply cookbook"), Raymond Mack ("Switching Power supplies demystified").

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Hi,
Lowest price would be SG3525 + pulse transformer + MOSFET, but you have to choose between pulse transformer and solid state driver depending on your choice of completely low cost vs less hassle.

Hi,
I don't think you can do that with UC384x and MOSFET with flyback topology or for the matter VIPER22 with flyback.
You could use SG3525 as the controller, IR211x or L638x for MOSFET driver, 2 power MOSFETs (high VDS), a shunt resistor and comparator circuit for short-circuit protection, output schottky diodes and a feedback loop.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

thank u for quick repply
can u complet help me.
ckt dia.{with component ditals } + flyback transformmer winding details

i have no formula of flyback transformmer desinging.can u provied me.

Last edited:

Hi,
It's not possible with flyback, you have to use half-bridge. And for that, research online for your requirements.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

For flyback if you use anything from Power Integrations, download the PIExpert software and there all calculations are given.
For general flyback, open up a book by Marty Brown or Raymond Mack or some author, where the details will be provided. You need to study deeply on this, as there are other factors involved such as air gap, etc.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.