Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for resources to learn about probability and random processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickoos

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I am zero in probability and random processes . A better understanding of these subjects are required for a communication system design. Can anybody suggest the links to some of the best textbooks on "probability and random processes"

Re: probability

make a search on edaboard

if you need help be more precise

the following book will give good concepts for u.

probability, random variables and stocahasic procesees" by Papoulis

for the introduction of probability

u should follow

1. Communication systems By Simon Haykin, John Wiley Publishers.

2. Analog & Digital Communications By Schaum's Series.

Cheers

puneet bansal

the communication systems by Haykin is a good book for engineer

probability

hi

probability, random variables and stocahasic procesees by Papoulis is the best book for learning random processes .This book is the most popular textbook for random processes in graduate level of communication engineering.

I would NOT recommend probability, random variables and stocahastic processes by Papoulis, which amihomo suggested. Papoulis may have a lot of clout and history, but his book is a poor learning source.

I used Probability and random processes for electrical and computer engineers by John A. Gubner instead of the Papoulis book. I would recommend going to a university library and flipping through the probability books and seeing which fits your needs the best.

probability

Peebles it's simple and easy. Probably a good one for the first steps but maybe it should have more examples.

But i liked more Papoulis.

drp said:
Peebles it's simple and easy. Probably a good one for the first steps but maybe it should have more examples.

But i liked more Papoulis.

that is why i have uploaded Peebles

hi

hippofear said:
I would NOT recommend probability, random variables and stocahastic processes by Papoulis, which amihomo suggested. Papoulis may have a lot of clout and history, but his book is a poor learning source.

I used Probability and random processes for electrical and computer engineers by John A. Gubner instead of the Papoulis book. I would recommend going to a university library and flipping through the probability books and seeing which fits your needs the best.

although I have not read the Gunber's book , I can say that papoulis's book has a strong mathematical basis for defining random processes , which may make it a bit complicated for beginners . but i can assure you that Papoulis is a gooooood book in its type.

regards

engineers read papoulis its gud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back