Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for resources to design a 32MB or 64MB Flash Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compy

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Flash Disk Designing

ny one design usb Flash disk about 32mb or 64 or mor...

m looking for a project similar to this.. need help and resources

thanks

Flash Disk Designing

freescale's MC9S12UF32

Re: Flash Disk Designing

mmm need more information couldnt find what u told :(

Yes, I would like to have an example too.
I know Cypress have got one, but it didn't really help me.

Maybe you can use a MMC(Multi Media Card) and AT89C51SND1 uController which has MMC built in implementation.So you can change you card too and change the capacity of your flash disk.If this is anew topic for you,maybe you have to read some documentations about FAT16 (or FAT32 if capacity will goes beyound the 512MB),because you have to have a FAT implementation layer in your firmware.AT89C51SND1 has 64KB flash memory and you have enough space for your firmware,specially you can use its speciall registers for MMC and don't have to simulates the wave forms for communicating with memory card.

Regards

Flash Disk Designing

Hi,

MMC is a simple SPI interace. As all FLASH memeory, at needs a spacial sequance to read/write/erase.
On google search for "MP3 circuits microchip" You will find alot of links and code for using the MMC and also code for the FAT16.
Also, there are other SPI Flash memeory on the market today that they are very large. Can find the part number. Try on the web. If you cant, post and i will give my computer a good search.
Good luck.

Hi, I have got Ram Bo Flash memory 128 mb

i wana update its size to like 1 gb maximum..

is it possible..

ny help schematics ??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back