Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for program for a experience ASIC designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wy21century

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been a ASIC (digital) design engineer for 6 years and before that I already had a MSEE degree. Now I am looking for a good program which can help me go further in IC industry such as to be a manager or a fellow designer. Do you have any idea?

I am currently doing my masters but this idea may help you. Try to get into a part-time Ph.D program, that will give your resume a superb appeal. If you have stayed in one company for the past 6 years, changing jobs will certainly put you in a better position.

Yes, Part time PhD is a good idea, changing job is also an idea, however I wont recommend too many job changes. But beware of PhD, because if you aren't pursuing research in s'thing which can be used by industry, you wont get much advantage of it. So think before you go for it. If by any chance you are in UK, I can recommend some industry sponsored research programs.
Kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com

ask for more responsibility, start driving things in your present job

Thanks to kishore2k4 and avimit

Yes, to look for a industry base part-time Ph.D is really a good idea. And it is also fit for me because I am more research qualify instead of management ability.
Do you guys have any more detail information from any IC company which is sponsoring a good program?

Many thanks!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back