Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for materials regarding FPGA implementation level

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmax

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
FPGA Design

Hi ,

I'm somewhat comfortable in the frontend part of FPGA design , but I'm lagging in the implementation level. Can anyone help me by giving some good materials regarding, tips to place and route , floor plan efficiently in FPGA, Also the issues in FPGA design.

Thanks in Advance

Max

If you have synplify or @mplify, they have very good tutorial on the place & route for FPGA included in the user manual

Hi there,

Yes you can do one thing.
visit www.xilinx.com
and then over there search for Design Flow
In the results given open the page for Design Flow.
There you can find information about design implementation and others as well.

Blv me its brilliant..

Cheers

Re: FPGA Design

madmax said:
Hi ,

I'm somewhat comfortable in the frontend part of FPGA design , but I'm lagging in the implementation level. Can anyone help me by giving some good materials regarding, tips to place and route , floor plan efficiently in FPGA, Also the issues in FPGA design.

Thanks in Advance

Max

if the timing issue is not so concerned (you can easily meet the timing constraints of your design)... you can just let the tools do all the job...(synthesis -> synplify pro, P&R -> ISE) Almost automatic!
if the timing is pretty tied or fails to meet the requirements, there's few instructions suggested:

1. re-examine your design, try to eliminate all the critical paths...
2. synthesis with more "decent" constraints (neither over-constrainted nor under-constrainted)
3. put P&R effort to tools' limit...(it's likely to take much more time)

manual floor plan in FPGA is not so suggested except you do know the hardware architecture of FPGA & your design very well...and really know what you're doin'...

regards,
stan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back