Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for materials on IC power driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

jejeorg

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IC power driving

Hi,
Could someone suggest me some good readings on driving a large capacitive load in IC?
Explain: I need to drive a very large power DMOS in a well controlled manner
such that I can turn on and off the very large power DMOS (equivalent to 300pF capacitive load
in worste case) in maximum 1usec (rise and fall times) with minimum over-elongations.
This is the output stage of a linear voltage-to-current converter (classical scheme).
I looked for this issue in my literature, but i can't find something
specific or related to. I'll appreciate some little help 8o).

IC power driving

Hi,

Actually, I am confused whether you want to design a driver (because this forum is for analog IC design) or you are looking for a MOS driver IC.

I guess you are looking for a MOSFET driver IC. There are many fast drivers in the market that you can use for example MAX5048 or TPS2816, UCC27323.

If you want to design a driver to drive a 300pF in 1usec, then let me know (it is not a tough design) or look at the circuit schematic of above ICs (in their datasheet)

OpAmp

Re: IC power driving

Analysis of CMOS DIgital Integrated Circuit..

Kang & Lebici

McGraw Hill

i hope this leap

Re: IC power driving

Thanks for your suggestions; unfortunately i can't have that book...
I'm actually trying to use a folded cascode with a class AB output buffer to drive the large power DMOS (found in Baker famous book "CMOS, circuit design layout, and simulation" and in Camenzind "Designing anolog chips", very good books). Main issues of this kind of op amp is to find a good trade-off betwen current consumption, layout area and speed/compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back