Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for JTAG for ATmega128

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can download from this link a description (hardware and soft) for a JTAG ICE that work (??) in AVR Studio 4.
**broken link removed**

Re: jtag for ATmega128

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

maziar said:
kosta said:
http://jtag-avr.port5.com

Have this hex ?

It looks that the 2313 hex (30$ value) is a little modified AVR910.asm free to download from Atmel site. It is necessary to add some code in it because there is a problem with the hardware implementation. The 2313 is use only to program Mega16 with the jtag code available in AVR Studio kit. After the programming take place, Tx lines from 2313 and Mega16 are in shortcircuit. The solution to this problem may be to implement a way (resistor to ground on the Tx line that can be check by 2313 at power up ???) for checking if the jumper is present or not. If the jumper is present then the 2313 put the Tx line in HiZ and ignore any serial commands that are received. If it's not present then keep Mega16 in reset and execute AVRPROG's commands.
Anyway I don't understand why it's not programmed Mega16 directly (with PonyProg for example) with the upgrade.hex code from AVR Studio and it's necessary to use AVRProg interface for this. This is the same problem also with the first example that use Mega163 where the bootloader is practically the same code as avr910.asm

Hex file for at90s2313

Kosta.

I do not undestand,why the jtag circuit have two micros?(at90s2313 ,atmega16)

Where is the HEX file for other micro(atmega16)?

Is there someone that tested it ?Is it good enough?

I do not know how to open Gerber files or in what software I can open it?

Hi .. YES it works ..
The little CPU is only to allow to UPGRADE the big one ...
You don't really need it!

afaik 2313 is there only to emulate serial programmer for avr studio ... maybe i am wrong ?? ;0)

cancel said:
afaik 2313 is there only to emulate serial programmer for avr studio ... maybe i am wrong ?? ;0)

indeed, 2313 is use only for upgrading the code in Mega16. It's possible to use only the Mega16 without the 2313 interface if you use AVRStudio 3.53 where the upgrade.hex code (found in jtagice directory) is in hex format, but you will miss future upgrades of the jtag interface, because ATMEL choose to encrypt the code in a file with .ebn extension (it's possible to stand for: encrypted binary file ???). The only choice is to use AVRProg utility for future upgrades and that means that you will need the 2313 for that :(

program 2313 with mentioned hex connect circuit to pc, run avr studion and 'upgrade' firmware ...

I Have some problem with gerber file :

HAVE ANY ONE PROTEL OR PCB OF IT ?
OR IF HAVE NOT HOW LOAD AND PRINT IT ?

thx

**broken link removed** has been moved to **broken link removed**

Kosta

Hi
I made a pcb that Mr Kosta have given in site and programmed the 2313 with hex file and programmed the board with avrprog (in avr studio 4.07) with upgrade.ebn file.
After that I power off the jtag and plug in JP1 and turn it on.
I run avr studio 4.07
from tools menu select STK500/AVRISP/JTAG ICE --> STK500/AVRISP/JTAG ICE....
BUT the avr studio does not detect it.

avrstudio message: Detecting....FAILED

how can I solve the problem?does any other one have my problem?

Best Regards
7rots51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back