Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for full versions of Lin4WIN or Win4Lin

Status
Not open for further replies.

reckless

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

1.Do any one have the full version of Linux for Windows or Windos 4 Linux i got Mandrake 8.2 only first Cd my other cd is currupted so help me

2. As Wine (Wine is not an Emmulater) what is the machenism behind this how an Os is working on other Documentation needed

3. what r Virtual machines ?

hi

1.Do any one have the full version of Linux for Windows or Windos 4 Linux i got Mandrake 8.2 only first Cd my other cd is currupted so help me

2. As Wine (Wine is not an Emmulater) what is the machenism behind this how an Os is working on other Documentation needed

in responce,yes i have a full copy of lin4win you have to have win98SE installed. I can't answer #2,and #3 is : A virtual Machine is a program that creates a folder on your hard drive that you install an OS in,that tells the OS that it is a computer even though it really isn't.It installs the OS in question without changing anything on the host PC.

- - - Updated - - -

As for win4lin.. windows for linux would be something to do in virtualbox.

hi

well search for CO LINUX I am not sure if it is still in active development.
Check the developer's Doc for WINE. It actually intercepts WindoZ API and translates them to UNIX and X (AFAIK)
Virtual Machines are not Real Machines(Hardware).
All the Hardware are emulated in Software. See wikipedia
Also read about Hypervisors.

Status
Not open for further replies.