Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for a very low cost power supply design

Status
Not open for further replies.

baba_sanfur

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Power supply design

Hi,

I'm looking for a very low cost power supply design.
My needs are:
3.3v @ 50ma
12v @ 120ma
I tried the "Power integration" DI-139 (Buck), but the cost of it was ~$1.6 (1K units). I'm looking for something much cheaper.
I considered the Transformless approach – but the currents are less than I need.
I started to think about other SMPS, such as flyback – but the custom transformer seems a problem (cost / availability).

Based on your experience, what would you suggest? Do you know a design which will fill my requirements, and still will be very cheap? Chip manufacture with relevant prices / application notes?

Thanks,
Nir

Power supply design

You can find a SMPS its common, search it in ur local market or dealers on net

Re: Power supply design

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, but the power supply I would like to build is going to be in a product - so the price is very impotent. Local dealers are much more expensive than to build simple SMPS

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.