Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a structure of a common gate LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.B.

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,

Please friends I need a structure of a common gate LNA. If it is possible i need a paper of CG LNA.

Please it is urgent.

Thanks and good work.

2009 lna paper

which transistor you are using?
what is the frequency? NF?

Be specific. If you need 1 GHz then 10 GHz LNA will not help you or CMOS LNA paper will not be helpful.

cmos common gate amplifier

Thanks for your reply,

In fact, I need a CG LNA with CMOS transistor whatever the features of this structure because i need it for application of an optimization algorithm.

Good Work and have a nice day.

cg lna

**broken link removed**
I think this will be good.

common gate lna circuit

Common gate (or its equivalent common base ) amplifier are really not low noise. It is barely possible to get better then 5dB NF. The reason is that that for Fmin , Gamma Opt and S11* are too far apart. A simulation with the correct Data will show that Fmin << NF becausee of the matching needs. A better choice in my opinion is a cascode with the first Fet with source and gate degeneration or a derivative of this. A NF of about 1 dB is possible using a Chebychev polynomial derived wideband matching filter, if possible external to the chip. Recent IEEE papers of the MTT Journal give more insight.

While the above mentioned grounded gate application is a very nice treatment, it does not provide the lowest possible NF.

common gate amplifier

Hi.
Do you have any paper showing cascading of FET for broadband LNA?
Also I think, we should not say common gate LNA any more, it should be common gate amplifier insted. since its NF is high it does not fit in LNA definition.

common gate low noise amplifier

I will try to find a cascode LNA circuit in the IEEE papers, there is no magic to it

common gate

This is probably the best summary I could find on low noise CMOS input stages

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back