Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a simple RFID detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am fully aware that RFID transmit high speed data but for my cast, I simply want to use it for on and off. I have looked at catalogues and most of them offer complex system with usb/rs232 connection. I simply need a simple RFID detector that detects a specific RFID tags by telling me on or off. Know where to get it from of the shelf or what? Please let me know asap

Regards

MM

Re: RFID Issue

Maverickmax said:
Hi

I simply want to use it for on and off.

MM
??

what is your RFID frequency?? 13.56, 860-920Mhz.?

anyway. all rfid systems work with a protocol. And tags respond to that protocol. So if you need to find a tag, you have to know the tag id's. and to know tag id, you have to use protocol on that system. on UHF(866-920 depends on country regulations) you should use ISO 18000 6b or c. on the other hand on 13.56 Mhz. your range ll be short(ihavent seen above 20 cm. read range)

my advice is find a suitable rf (oem) module and work on it(protocol)

Good luck

Re: RFID Issue

hi i also have some experience in rfid and i think that Mifare modules can be an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back