Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a 1000µF capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

glias

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I'm looking for a non polarized capacitor of 1000µF/16V (diameter of 13mm / length of 25mm axial type) , do you know a manufacturer ? I only found a Capxon which seem to be difficult to provide in Europe... (and there is a minimum order of 3000pcs ! I only need 100pcs), so do you know another manufacturer ?
thanks for you help.

Last edited:

i think u will get more than 1000uf in polarized but not in non polarized

Can you use two, polarized capacitors in series head-to-head ?

Source: Electrolytic capacitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aluminum electrolytic capacitor: compact but lossy, these are available in the range of <1 µF to 1 F with working voltages up to several hundred volts DC. The dielectric is a thin layer of aluminum oxide. They contain corrosive liquid and can burst if the device is connected backwards. The oxide insulating layer will tend to deteriorate in the absence of a sufficient rejuvenating voltage, and eventually the capacitor will lose its ability to withstand voltage if voltage is not applied. A capacitor to which this has happened can often be "reformed" by connecting it to a voltage source through a resistor and allowing the resulting current to slowly restore the oxide layer.[9] Bipolar electrolytics (also called Non-Polarised or NP capacitors) contain two anodized films, behaving like two capacitors connected in series opposition. [10] These are used when one electrode can be either positive or negative relative to the other at different instants, on alternating current circuits. Bad frequency and temperature characteristics make them unsuited for high-frequency applications. Typical ESL values are a few nanohenries.[11]

John

ya we can use u will get it in aluminiunm electrolytic cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back