Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lithium Rechargeable Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchiemocorro

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I found a product in this link:

https://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/catalog_battery_e.pdf

that deals about Lithium Rechargeable Battery (on page 12).As far as I know lithium battery is different from lithium Ion battery because lithium battery is non-rechargeable.

I just would like to ask if this product (lithium rechargeable battery) can really be recharge, does this have the same equivalent circuit model like lithium ion battery?thanks in advance for sharing your ideas.

The term "lithium battery" refers to a family of different chemistries, comprising many types of cathodes and electrolytes. Depending on the design and chemical compounds used, lithium cells can produce various voltages from 1.5 V to 3.7 V.
As an example for rechargeable batteries, some cells using: Li-CuCl2, Li/Al-MnO2, Li/Al-V2O5. The battery you have shown in catalog, are low power, low current, used mainly as a backup battery for the clock function of small portable devices.Usualy the cycle time is limited for 20% depth of discharge. You can find some charging details conditions in the data sheet.
A constant voltage charge is recommended plus to insert a resistor to regulate the charge current.

thank you for sharing mister_rf.

I am designing a circuit that can charge a battery using PV cell as a charging source.I was looking for a battery that has a small capacity.I found this catalog that has a smaller capacity than NiMH (6mAh) in VARTA product.I wanted to see if my circuit really can charge a battery by showing it in a circuit simulation result.I just had a problem on how to make an equivalent circuit design for this lithium battery.

I found a paper that talks about on how to extract the paramaters of their proposed battery electrical model.They are using NiMM and lithium ion in their experiments. This is the link of that paper:

**broken link removed**

I just would like to ask if the proposed model can be applied using the lithium rechargeable battery.Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back