Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux for IC 5.1.41 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redhat ES3 is the best Linux ver for ic5141. It is used in our company.

first time I've tested cadence tools on suse 8.2 and 9.0 . both works ok , now because of my station upgrade I was upgrade and my software :) . Under suse 10 , cadence runs very fine , but because of graphical problems I downgrade my suse to 9.2 . All work fast and very nice :)
if you run cadence on the server ,I think rhel 3 is ok (cadence under rhel 4 is a big shit ) , but if you want to use cadence directly on your station ,suse is the best option :)

how about Fedora core 5? I install Fedora core 5, then I install IC5141 but I meet some problem: it can read tar file, there some error in sofload,... Is there anyone install IC5141 on Fedora 5 successfully? Can you help me install it ?
Thank you very much !

Is there anyone installed IC5141 on Fedora core 5 successfully? Can you help me and another?
Thank you !

In newest linux distribuitions are used tar 1.15. If u have problem "it can read tar file, there some error in sofload" than install old version 1.14 of tar package. It's work!!!

RHEL 3, 4 or CentOS are all OK!

tran said:
Is there anyone installed IC5141 on Fedora core 5 successfully? Can you help me and another?
Thank you !

you can use same tutorial as for Suse 10 .

We used RHEL4 Update 1 .
It is work as 32 Bit also 64 Bit Enviroment

I have installed IC5033 in FC4 and FC5,everyting is OK in these platforms under correct enviroment setup

Status
Not open for further replies.