Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

linux a.out executable file format explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinczakko

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm looking for a comprehensive explanation on linux a.out executable file format. Any pointers ? I've been searching the web and haven't found a comprehensive explanation on it . I've found an application compiled using thi file format in an embedded system, I'm in the process of dissecting it due to a bug to be patched. I've been searching the web and haven't found a comprehensive explanation on it, all I found is the wotsit's explanation on a.out format for the hp-ux. AFAIK, a.out executable file format is hardware dependent, is it right ? Thx in advance

That could probably help you :

I have read the book, and indeed it helps a bit. But is there anything else more "operational" explanation? I've browsed through some of the linux kernel development mailing lists several years ago and in one of the "thread" they say that it's not very well documented. I'll try to find out more in the kernel source code. Thx anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back