Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Links to Emacs related resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

odeafeiner

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Do you have some examples use emacs for ASIC design?

vhdl autoinst autosense

odeafeiner said:
Hi,

Do you have some examples use emacs for ASIC design?
Emacs as a tool editor is extremely useful for editing source code for just any project - not just ASIC. For ASIC, there are language specific modes available, some of them I use so often are:

1. VHDL Mode
2. Verilog mode
3. SV mode
4. VERA mode
5. PSL mode

HTH
Aji,
http://www.noveldv.com

Re: emacs for ASIC

Yes. these modes are not only the key word highlight but also some powerful functions. for example in verilog modes some functions like /*AUTOINST*/ /*AUTOSENSE*/ and so on can improve your productives.
and with the help of shell commands you can copy and modify some logs which are outputed by edatool (eg P&R tools) as the import of of the command.
it our lab, some experts student do everything in emacs.

emacs for ASIC

Any one has installed and used xemacs in Cygwin (in windows system) ?
Pls share your experience !

tutx said:
Any one has installed and used xemacs in Cygwin (in windows system) ?
Pls share your experience !
I've used (and continue to use) emacs under Cygwin - experience? Quite similar to what it is under Linux. Are you looking for any specific features/issues?

Aji

emacs for ASIC

Uedit is a goood editor for the code edit, include the verilog, vhdl, systemC, et c.

emacs for ASIC

What makes XEmacs different from Emacs ?

I am attaching the E-macs How To and Quick Refrence Might be this will help you .

anishjp said:
Hi all,
Anybody knows from where v can get a free download version of Emacs for windows

**broken link removed**

Checkout this link for emacs on windows!
**broken link removed**

Thought I would add to this thread rather than start a new one... Does anyone have a .emacs file they can share? I have just started using emacs again after about 10 years and I am relearning all the C and M keystrokes which is fun. However, I do remember someone had a method of switching to rectangular mode and using the mouse to highlight/cut/paste/move without having to use C-x r k, C-x r y etc etc! For example I want to highlight a rectangle of ports and press the spacebar to shift text to the right. I am sure there was a way to do that with the right .emacs file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back