Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Links and schematics of GTP USB programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero2004

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one

I tried to assemble a gtp usb PIC programmer where i found a detail information on it in our forum, i finsh it and programme it's 18f2550 pic with firmware included with programmer files, the problem is , when i connect it with pc via usb , a message "USB Device not recognized"

thank for helping me

Re: GTP USB programmer

Hi,

Afraid I cannot help you specifically with that programmer as I cannot see any real detail on the Indestructables site.

That message would imply either the PC software/ driver is not correctly installed or your 2550 chip is not correcly programmed or somewthing is wrong with the circuitry around the usb socket to the pic.
If you are not using the pcb then check the usb socket, its so easy to connect them the wrong way round.
The capacitor on pin14 VUSB is must be correct.

Without knocking that programmer, but if you cannot get it to work easily, then if it was me, and being as you have the 2550 chip and the ability to program it I would simply build a Pickit2 Lite / clone as featured many times here.
It works well and offers so much more than that programmer you are trying to make.

zero2004

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
GTP USB programmer

better build a pickit2 (clone) or icd2 (clone) today than trying to make a gtp usb clone which , in its free version, doesnt support recent pics...

you must use a gtp usb LITE and the gtp software v3.55
if any of the two is not right, nothing can work.

zero2004

first of all thanks to every one try to help me

dear Kripton2035

can you give me the schematics to buld the icd2 programmer

thanks again

zero2004 said:
first of all thanks to every one try to help me

dear Kripton2035

can you give me the schematics to buld the icd2 programmer

thanks again

**broken link removed**

Good luck.

zero2004

GTP USB programmer

pay attention to make an USB icd2 clone. there are serial db9 icd2 clones and they are too slow for debugging...

http://www.icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page
or
**broken link removed**

are usb clones.

also
ebay items like this one
**broken link removed**
are already done and quite cheap... it takes some times to make by yourself such a small circuit...
**broken link removed**

zero2004

Status
Not open for further replies.