Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

line follower using barcode scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbook

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone guide me, how can i make line follower robot using barcode scanner??

or any other simple method....

cant understand u r q ...u want to use scanner or sensor

Why do u want to kill a deer with a tank? Wouldnt it be easier to use discrete IR pairs?

youre choosing a hard way u can use simple ir LEDs instead but if u have to use barcode reader u definitly need the data analyser unit to work with the 16 bit that the analyser reads.maybe an AVR will be good idea

amolbook said:
can anyone guide me, how can i make line follower robot using barcode scanner?
The method with adopting the barcode scanner would be very elegant, because you can not only detect the line, but also estimate how far off you are. That would allow you to use a better control algorithm to follow the line (e.g. PID).

However, this is not the simplest method. I’ve never heard of anybody doing the line following this way, although this should not be discouraging you. You should take a barcode reader (I would suggest a fairly old and primitive one), take the cover off and examine its signals with the scope.

P.S. If you want to have a “canned” solution for line following, take a look here **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.