Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light Illuminator driving circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim75

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
**broken link removed**

The above picture is my design for driving the light illuminator. this cicuit should be able to adjust the potentiometer in order to manipulate the current driving to the light illuminator. My purpose is that this circuit are able to manipulate current from 0.2A to 1A to the light illuminator in order to control the brightness of light illuminator.

So my question is, is this circuit design can satisfied my requirement? how to consider the power dissipation for whole circuit? or do i need to change the value of resistor? Thanks.

Jim75 said:
**broken link removed**
The above picture is my design for driving the light illuminator. this cicuit should be able to adjust the potentiometer in order to manipulate the current driving to the light illuminator. My purpose is that this circuit are able to manipulate current from 0.2A to 1A to the light illuminator in order to control the brightness of light illuminator. So my question is, is this circuit design can satisfied my requirement? how to consider the power dissipation for whole circuit? or do i need to change the value of resistor? Thanks.
The given circuit drives 15 volt DC UV lamp and i couldnt understand how it controls the current or dimms the lamp. Coz for dimming DC load, we require some other stages like PWM generation which is not found in the circuit.

The schematic is crazy:|

Not only is there no feedback loop or adjustment to the output to set the LED current, the op-amp is configured as a comparator with one input tied to ground.
With the pot at its lowest setting it might oscillate, at any other setting it will simply turn the LED on.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.