Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

License file installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohdy

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Does anybody know how to install the license file for Mentor graphics tools???

Regards,
Shohdy

Which tool and hat kind of license file?

You normally need a license server (which runs as a daemon process) and a license file which enables the features you've paid for. The license files are normally locked to a machine via it's MAC address.

You have to install the license server in a directory, and run it (don't need to be root for this, but it helps in case you've got a security hardened linux box which doesn't allow normal user processes to open ports of their own). The license file needs the name of the license server and a couple other parameters, such as the MAC address and the feature list, that should be clear in the installation instructions (I assume you have a legitimate license).

It's been a while since I last did this so things may have changed a bit, but I can't imagine they made it any harder now than it was in the past.

Hi,

Well I am trying to install the Analog flow of mentor graphics, I successfully ran the installation executable, but I am lost within all the directories of the tree, could you please tell me where to find the license server to run it, and how to configure it.

Regards,
Shohdy

I have same problem. Could someone give a guide about intallation of Mentor AMS on linux?
Regards

read the doc come with the software

Shohdy said:
Hi,

Well I am trying to install the Analog flow of mentor graphics, I successfully ran the installation executable, but I am lost within all the directories of the tree, could you please tell me where to find the license server to run it, and how to configure it.

Regards,
Shohdy

Are you going to use FlexLM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.