Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

license.dat error for maxplus2 baseline

Status
Not open for further replies.

weiwei2

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
maxplus2 license

i removed my xilinx foundation 3.1 and installed altera maxplus2 10.2 baseline,

i follow altera's instruction to get a new license , set the LM_LICENSE variable in win2k to point to my file

but upon starting up maxplus2, it shows
"network licensing error. license file c:\xilinx\license.dat is missing or corrupted

how to solve this? i don't know where to change this settings of leftover by xilinx

maxplus 2 lm_license_file

Hi there,
Even I had the similar problem as yours.
Try doing this again
visit www.altera.com
Click on the top right hand corner where it says Licensing information.

there apply for the license
When I did this I didnt even had to set my licnse file as LM LICENSE FILE
it whould work okay

Let me know if u still have problems.

license.dat registry

one way try the license.DAT in the respected folders. otherwise go in register and select the location where license.dat is present.
if both neither works again request the license from altera.
i installed this week, i had no problem

maxplus2 license.dat

negative

i tried that, it still points the license file to xilinx... and i don't know where is that

this license is for maxplus2 vesion

have u tried to give the exact location of the license file?
if yes then have you given the c drive no. (hard disk no.) of your hard disk?
if that doesn't work then don't know whats the thing causing problem

maxplus2

Hi,

What operating system u running.
When u un-installed Xilinx.
Did u made sure that everything was removed no directory likeC:\Xilinx exists on ur computer..

The other thing was that Xilinx doesnt use a license file it uses a product ID number for registering and the installation of the software..so I dont know why u have the license.dat file in the first place for XIlinx.

Other thing I would recommend is that check in ur registry settings for windows by running regedit command see if u can see anything over there for problems

Besides that I would suggest once u do the entire procedure for the installation of the license check ur autoexec.bat file and see if over there it says something like SET LM_LICENSE_FILE="dIRECTION WHERE THE LICENSE.DAT" is

If not then try it
You must restart the computer for changes to take effect..

If problem still persists.. Let me know

license maxplus2

The way of how to set the licentse.dat is diffirent between Xilinx and @ltera. Xlinx needs to add some word like SET LM_LICENSE_FILE="dIRECTION WHERE THE LICENSE.DAT" in autoexec.bat .But @ltera do not do like that.When Muxplus started,by toolsbar->help->license setup,then select the Muxplus license.dat from the place where u store.
And I used Muxplus10.1 and Qu@rturs ever,not Muxplus2 10.2 baseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back