Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEM LTS-06NP Current Transducer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

forgoreth

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a few LTS-06NP current transducers and I'm having trouble about the wiring (I think)

First of all I supplied the output circuitry with 5 Volts and checked the output giving 2.5 Volts. It looks all fine.
Then I placed a wire going through the hole and carrying the current that I set and check the output voltage again.
It was not like what its transfer function says.
Vout=2.5+0.625*Ip/Ipn
I thought it was about the connections of 6-pin input hall effect circuitry. I connected the pins in three different combinations as datasheet says; the output is the same.
Moreover, I connected the primary current path to those pins instead of the hole and it looks the same!
I measured the input current and output voltage to fill a table in order to derive the transfer function.
It's amazingly linear!
Vout=2.5+0.0258*Ip
If the original coefficient 0.625 is still there, it looks like nominal primary current according to formula in the datasheet is 24Amps! Impossible!
I tried 3 sensors and they are all the same... Am I doing something wrong? How should I connect those pins?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.