Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED lighting system for a woodworking walnut lockbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbenjamindix

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i wasn't sure which category to post this in, so i chose this one.

I am a woodworker, and building a 20" x 20" x 20" walnut lockbox. I would like to have a LED light system in the interior, but I don't know where to go, or where to start. I'm looking for any suggestions, advice, hints, etc. There will be multiple shelves on the interior, and the bottom of the box will probably be flocked (flocking is a dust felt that is attached to a surface with an adhesive). i would very much like the lights to be somewhat bright, but not shining right in my face when the box opens, and the doors are on the front side (open towards you). i have a 12 volt battery recharger, so i assume i will be running 12 VDC. i also have a 4 channel 12 VDC remote control system (i am running some type of actuator or solenoid off of also), and have yet to determine if the LED's will run directly off of the recharger, or out of the remote system. i think i would like the LED's to turn on automatically when the front doors are opened.

the problem i have is funding. i just started a small business (custom woodworking, piano tuning, live piano music, beekeeping, selling local honey, small-party catering, photography for any occasion), and it's a slow start. basically im shopping cheap. i think i would like to use many inexpensive LED lights, but i will take all suggestions offered, both negative and positive suggestions.

if you would like to see the project in the works, i have most of my woodworking photos posted on my facebook account. feel free to add me as a friend, and you can see what i'm working on. it make help whoever is interested understand what it is going to look like.

my facebook name is David Dix, and my profile photo is a profile of me looking at a firebird. thanks for your time!.

David

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back