Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

learn electronics on working

Status
Not open for further replies.

chri$

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I try to find a path to learn electronics on working and also escape at unemployement. Here's my situation. I have got my 2-year technical degree in network computing since July 2012 (BTS it's a french degree 2 years after the high school diploma "BAC" in France). After that, I wanted to reorient me in the field electronics communication systems. For almost 1 year. I have tried to apply for jobs so that i can learn in work as an apprentice. But i found nothing for the moment. So, even if we are in differents countries. Is it possible that a company or freelancer too can take me as an apprentice ?

Also since May, I have studied electronics at home and since November 2012, I have studied telecommunication (networks, transmissions skills). On waiting an opportunity.

Last edited:

I don't know about France, but I don't think you are going to find anyone, anywhere, who will hire you as an 'apprentice' engineer; an apprentice blacksmith, maybe. Companies are not really set up to teach you electronics, they expect you to come in with some skills. If you are willing to work for free, you might be able to find something; a lot of companies, at least here in the US, use college students as unpaid interns.

Perhaps you can get into a company based on your networking background, and move into electronics from there.

Good luck.

Perhaps you can get into a company based on your networking background, and move into electronics from there.

Good luck.

I try to follow this advice. Thanks. Regarding the college students. They work the weekend or after theirs courses ? And what's about the contract ?

College students generally work part-time, as their schedule allows. There is no contract, since they are usually, but not always, not getting paid. In fact, I've been a working engineer for about 150 years, and have never had a contract. Maybe that's just the way it goes in the US, I don't know about elsewhere.

150 years ??

Anyway, I will see what i can do. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back