Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD display with memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

enemra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have 2 lines LCD display. I need to connect this LCD to MCU. The problem is that if I need to send scrolling messages, everytime I need to send the messages to LCD. I cannot waste the MCU cycles on this. Does anyone of you know any LCDs that comes with memory (once I send a data, it should autoscroll if necessary). Or, any driver IC in between LCD and MCU is also fine.

Dear all,

I have 2 lines LCD display. I need to connect this LCD to MCU. The problem is that if I need to send scrolling messages, everytime I need to send the messages to LCD. I cannot waste the MCU cycles on this. Does anyone of you know any LCDs that comes with memory (once I send a data, it should autoscroll if necessary). Or, any driver IC in between LCD and MCU is also fine.

it will be available but it will be mostly costly and will not fit for all your requirements the easy way is dedicate a MCU for that function (can get simple mcu code from net for scrolling are any other effect you require from internet put it on that mcu (small chip with few pins) .. slight modifications may be required on code to support commands from your mcu ) give commands from your MCU to the display MCU by this you will not waste clocks on displaying .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back