Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layout instances disappeared (Black Boxes Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarfaraz.ahmed

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, I am facing one problem that My layout cmos cells are not showing their instances (gate, drain, source).It just shows empty boxes.
I tried Shift+F , stop level to 32, AV in LSW . but It's not working. I see my tech file is there but I don't know why it's not showing their instances . It only shows top'level box.

Can anyone please help in this regard. I have attached my layout snap. Thanks
Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Maybe there are no layout views available, or can't be found via your search path.

Thanks.

I checked, In display option settings are fine. It might be some path issue , but i couldn't find how I verify this.

If is there a way please suggest.

Look to hierarchy, displayed levels; in kits I've used,
shift-F is display full hierarchy.

Thank you.

I have already tried all these way like hierarchy, displayed levels and shift-F. Is it may be any licence issue ? As in attachment cds.log shows something like that.
can you please check that cds.log , may be there is some information which will help to understand the problem.

thanksCapture.PNG

It looks like Cadence has "moved on" from supporting the
original layout-based PCells and is failing to evaluate?
That's pretty crappy. You might have too crusty a lib,
for the brave new modern world? Do you have access
to an older version that wasn't so unfriendly to legacy
libraries? Or, to some facility for converting layout
based PCells to SKILL based?

Have you tried to push-view into one of those instances
and see where it takes you, and what you find there?

I'd think the last 2 warnings describe the problem.

Thanks.

Below is reply from cadence support .

"the problem are the non-SKILL PCells, for which Cadence offers no support. It can be guess that some shared libraries were not loaded during start of Virtuoso, Please ask your foundry, if the PDK has been installed correctly."

Isn't it any PDK installation issue ?

Also I don't have the facility for converting layout based PCells to SKILL based. When I right click on instance and look for descend read/edit. It shows the all layers, this is what you can see an attachment.

Thanks.Capture2.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.

As you see an attachment, when I launch cadence it shows cannot find file cds.lib which is the main library. Although I crossed check cds.lib is there but I don't know why Its making this warning.

Hope it will will work to understand and reach an exact problem.

Capture5.PNG

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    44.9 KB · Views: 117

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back