Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop motherboard hardware problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel_no_brenon

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
laptop motherboard problems

Hi there superior tech guys. I just registered with the EDAboard because I'm having a problem with an Acer Aspire 3100 laptop. This laptop fell and took some heavy damage. I was able to effect some repairs but now everything works except for all the inputs i. e. keyboard, touchpad and usb ports. Surprisingly I can wake up the laptop on keyboard but that is the only thing I'm able to do with the keyboard. USB devices flash but don't work. I know it has something to do with the BIOS and the controller chip but I have no schematic layout of the PCB to identify any of those components. Would really appreciate your expertise on this one as I think it is an economically salvageable laptop.

acer aspire 3100 motherboard

hi
how it take damage (by water or else ) ??
for your problem U just should read the datasheet of your chip {driver chip} because the problem is'nt always because of BIOS (it may those chips are damage) & for your BIOS request U can easily find it in acer web site or other site that have BIOS of motherboards

be success

acer aspire 3100 motherboard southbridge

It took a really nasty fall. The part where the lcd screen connects to the laptop itself got damaged but I got it to work. I reset the bios already using the hard power off without battery and ctrl+esc at restart and it seemed to work cause the screen is supposed to become black and it did. This proves that the keyboard works but I still can't use the keyboard or the touchpad. Can't even get into the BIOS. Don't know the chip that controls the input devices because I can't identify the southbridge. Also the USBs don't work.

acer aspire 3100 keyboard dont work

when i probe over bois pins i found many pins are pulsing withought swiching on the laptop. but power jake is inserted with dc 19v. why it is happening so

Added after 17 minutes:

what is basic proceduer for checking bios.
if i have datasheet for that perticular bios chip?
how can i confirm for bios problem?

laptop motherboard southbridge

i have a question. i have Acer Aspire 5715Z with de MB. Can you tell from the picture what tipe of capacitors and what value are those? And what else is wrong with the board?

hai
it was 10 pf smd type cap.near one 0.1pf try it?:grin:

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back