Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laplace problem in transform

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_1

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
we know that
98_1345816492.jpg

we know that
1_1345816492.jpg

is it correct?
64_1345816492.jpg

At the time I can say only first term is correct, I am not seeing any book or application right but I am sure for first one, other two need to be solved and I wii try to solve them but at the time I am working on determinants so it will take time.

It's not clear what's the actual problem.

The left side of the third line doesn't seem to make sense at all. Thus I doubt that it's a reguar homework exercise. May be it's a kind of riddle to make students think.

The syntax is somewhat sloppy by the way. We should write sin(ωt) as we write u(t).
Then it would be clear if the third line means sin(ωtu(t)) or sin(ωt)u(t), although both don't make much sense.

If we have a function f(t) --> F(s) and we construct a new function g(t) --> G(s) obtained multipying by t the original f(t), that is g(t) = t*f(t) then Laplace transforming we will have (take a look at the laplace transform properties on a book):

G(s) = -dF(s)/ds

so the first of your transform is f(t) = exp(-t) --> F(s) = 1/(s+1)
and g(t) = t*f(t) --> G(s) = -d/ds[1/(s+1)] = 1/(s+1)²

the second one is f(t) = sin(wt) --> F(s) = w/(s²+w²)
and g(t) = t*f(t) --> G(s) = -d/ds[w/(s²+w²)] = (2*s*w)/(s²+w²)²

the third one is the same of the previous since multipling by the step function has no effect: the laplace transform integral starts from 0 where the step function has a constant unitary value

unit steps dont alter the f(s) but the limit is only brought down to 0->infinity the roc of the curve is altered and not the entire function

Status
Not open for further replies.