Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lambda for TSMC 0.25u Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

awesum22

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I will be using the TSMC 0.25u process for my design project Here is the link

https://www.mosis.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/umosis/swp/params/tsmc-025/t89b_mm_non_epi-params.txt

Can anyone please tell me how to find the value of lambda for the process ? I have used the method stated in Holberg (Apendix B) and found the value to be approximately 0.03 1/V for NMOS(L = 1u). Can i be reasonably sure about the value?

Can anyone who has experience using the same process technology please confirm if the value is indeed correct. I believe that the value of lambda for PMOS should be taken as 0.06 1/V for hand calculations.

Any help is appreciated.Smile

Thanks

The lambda in such a modern process is problematic. A model which uses lambda is too simple.

Try to compare your lambda parameters and simple hand-calculations model with MOSFET ID(VDS) characteristic obtained from a Spice simulation and more realistic BSIM models. Eventually, you may somehow read a lambda value from ID(VDS) curve... but it is impossible for very short channels. The slope of the curve is not constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back