Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issues PIC16F1503 micro-controller with internal oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

aankur

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using PIC16F1503 for my automotive application. I want to understand few things:-

1)I have gone through through the schematic present in the "https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/50002295A.pdf". In this, PIC 16F1503 is not having external oscillator. I want to know if it is possible to connect external crystal oscillator to PIC16F1503. If yes, which are the two pin to which external crystal oscillator can be connected? What is the difference if micro-controller runs on external crystal or on internal oscillator?
2)How to implement UART on PIC16f1503 ? I did not find any RX and TX pin on PIC16F1503.

Thanks
Ankur

Hi,

1) page 1 says "Three External Clock modes up to 20 MHz"

2) page 2 of the datasheet: shows that the xx1503 has no USART. Either use a different microcontroler or implement a software UART.

so going through the first 2 pages already give alot of information.

to 1)
do a PDF search for "oscillator": (5th hit)
--> TABLE OF CONTENTS: tells:
5.0 Oscillator Module........................................................................................................................................................................ 42
so go to page 42 (it´s a link) to see that it does not support to connect an XTAL, but it supports an external clock. So an external oscillator may be used.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back