Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Islamic Prayer Times Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrstaha

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone help me get the necessary formulas for Muslim prayer times calculation? I need to implement it on a microcontroller, however even a PC program will help.
Thank you in advance.

Hi

As you know, it is necessary to calculate spherical triangular trigonometric formulas for correct solving to the Islamic Prayer's Times. So, before all, you need such functions with in your microcontroller code. I mean trigonometric functions.
Your geographical position(Latitude and Longitude) and Date are main input of these formulas. If you would like to do a general calculator for any position on sphere, I have no words. You have to solve those functions with a modest microcontroller. But if it is enough to make a calculator for specific position, insead of solving those complex formulas, I recommend you to make a look up table. It is more useful and easy, I think...
Let me know, if you really need those formulas. I am going to send them via e-mail

Regards.

DDS:
count me in for those calculations, coz I too would be interested in doing such a project. Appreciate if you could send them to me as well.

do you think it's possible to work with something like that. Isn't it that the times of prayer depends on the position of the sun, also considering if it's high tide or low tide....

Hi,

Following link has all necessary information for calculating Islamic Prayer's Times.

**broken link removed**

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.