Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this a valid question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolahalb

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am to show that Ñ.(A+B)=0 if
ÑxAis not=0
ÑxBis not=0

I suppose this is not a valid question.You please check.If it is a correct one then tell me how to start with.

Added after 7 minutes:

OK,that was a notation problem.
What we are given is that curl A or curl B are not equal to zero.

please refine your question. tell us what eveything name means. then maybe i can help.

Ñ.(A+B)=?
A=?
B=?
ÑxAis=?
ÑxBist=?

mayyan

OK,A and B are vector fields having curl equal to zero.
We are to show div of (A+B)=0

Possibly the question is wrong.Except from some specific example it is not correct.Hence,cannot be proved.
Actually,since I wanted someone to say with me that this is wrong, posted this over here.But,unfortunately,the curl and div signs did not appear clearly.

div(A+B) = div A + div B = 0, so we must have div A = -div B or A = -B, but the information about their curl tells us nothing about their divergence, so this is not true. div rot A = 0, but this does not mean div A = 0.

I could not understand the symbols you have used. Please clarify them.

Status
Not open for further replies.