Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this a good idea? (Cloud OS Concept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiikid6

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone! I had what I think was a good idea and I want you to share your opinions on it. When I first read about how the Onlive service renders video games on servers I had an epiphany. What If you could render a whole OS realtime with the cloud. You could have a powerful multitasking OS on your tablet and use the same OS on your Laptop or Desktop. I have a graph and a video to explain it in detail and I'm working on a proof of concept system using radio waves combined with a modified NES and a propeller microcontroller wirelessly sharing data with each other. I'll explain more if people become interested in this idea but for now here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9N5utHb97c

and a PDF is attached to the post.

So what do you think. Remember this is only an idea and I could not possibly implement this in reality as that would take literally millions or even billions of dollars to implement so I'm sticking with my proof of concept design.

Here's the PDF:
View attachment ICNPublic.pdf

Clouds project is old Bill Gates dream. First idea was weak terminal workstations at users place, all data on Internet servers, all software is licensed and are located on Internet servers, also rental of software is possibly, "of course monitoring and controlling users data are ideal for some shadow agencies".

Lots of thise things are patented, and lawyers just waiting some triger to submit lawsuit in court for such thing. Just look circus and fighting of mobile device manufacturers.

It is a good idea, although it already exists now (although I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities to explore it still).
It is known as VDI, and allows businesses (among some other benefits) to save loads in terms of software licenses,
since the software is installed in one central location.

Licences is payed in any way even in terminal mode. Terminal server have allowed number of licence for allowed number of terminals. :wink:

It is a good idea, although it already exists now (although I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities to explore it still).
It is known as VDI, and allows businesses (among some other benefits) to save loads in terms of software licenses,
since the software is installed in one central location.
Yes it is a great effort in New Internet work, and i think it gives more security that that of Toady. Nice Post Shared. Thanks Buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back