Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there any alternative capacitor instead of 0.1uf ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerohetoChakma

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
circuit.jpg
In this circuit diagram two capacitor are connected with 20MHz crystal. I dont know what of capacitor these are. But I think this is a ceramic capacitor 0.1uf range. But i have no 0.1uf ceramic capacitor. My question is that can i use 22pf ceramic or 0.1uf electric capacitor instead of this??? Could anybody help me by giving details.

In this circuit diagram two capacitor are connected with 20MHz crystal. I dont know what of capacitor these are. But I think this is a ceramic capacitor 0.1uf range. But i have no 0.1uf ceramic capacitor. My question is that can i use 22pf ceramic or 0.1uf electric capacitor instead of this??? Could anybody help me by giving details.

Hi HerohetoChakma
No i don't think those capacitors are 0.1uf ! ( 100nf ) ! because it is used for a crystal oscillator for your micro controller . their value are between 20 and 30 pf !
Those are used to create the oscillating condition and it depends on the internally circuit which usually are schmitt trigger not gate and . and something more . another duty is preparing the stabilization and removing the noises through it .
So 0.1uf is too high !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Use 22pf for xtal oscillator and the 0.1uf and .01uf for DC decpoupling.

Status
Not open for further replies.