Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is simultaneous communication on two UART possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurav_sdpl

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
UART

If i have 2 UART in my micro-and i want to communicate with two device on these two UART at the same time.

Whether simultaneous communication on two UART is possible with two different pheripherals or is it one at a time

Re: UART

yes, you can communicate to 2 UARTS at the same time. You said there are two uarts, i presume it is hardware uarts. so where is the problem. If you are using a two pin config(tx and RX) then a single level translator max 232 is sufficient. in case of 2 hardware uarts, even data transfer from one buffer to other is possible.

yes it is possible.

Two 16450 UART's provide two independent ports, allowing the user to communicate two separate devices.you can use DS-200 which supports a maximum baud rate of 56K bits persecond, 256K with 16550.

atmega128 has two uarts and it is possible to communicate with two separate devices..

Status
Not open for further replies.