Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] is it possible to build a linetracer robot using 4 wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasanthceg

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am buiding a linetracer bot of dimension 30x30 to be used for carrying 4 blocks each of weight 100-150g.. i am using 4 wheels each of diameter 5cm. i am using l293d for driving the motors. Two motors on the leftside are connected together so that they can be driven simultaneously and same with the rightside motors.. i heard some telling that its not possible to trace the line using 4 wheels.. some insisted me to use 2 wheels instead of 4 wheels.. i m confused.. pls someone help me out with some ideas..

You can use 4 wheels for a line follower.

Turning with 3 wheels (2 at back and 1 at front center) is what normally used and can turn easily than 4 wheels

Or let the back 2 wheels be the followers of the front wheels that would turn/change the direction when the sensor output changes.Set the controls on the front 2 /1 wheel you are using & let the back wheels follow it.
regards,
Jerin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back