Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it fisible to simulate in PSpice the program of a uC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fisible

Suppose I want to emulate the program of a PIC. Is it possible to do it in a project of Capture or PCAD? Or I have to build equivalent circuitry to the program? Has anyone experience on this?
Thanks,
D.

Re: Is it fisible to simulate in PSpice the program of a uC

i do not believe it is possible with PSpice. the software you are looking for is called Proteus. comes highly recommended, it's great!

Mr.Cool

It would be (IMHO) almost impossible to create a microcontroller model that would simulate at any respectable speed within PSPICE, XSPICE, etc. without extensive customisation to the simulation engine itself.

AFAIK Proteus is the only capture/simulation package that can handle MCU simulation.

Iain.

you can write functional model of your program in VHDL or Verilog and put it in Orcad for simulation

I think functional verification is doable. At transistor level, it's not feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back