Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is co-channel C/I equivalent to in band SNR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfcn

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For example, in Bluetooth spec the co-channel C/I is 11dB. Then, can we regard it as inband SNR=11dB (ignore system noise) and analysis BER according this?

C/I refers to modulated carrier. THe Carrier/Noise level may be high for random noise but with high co-channel interference
S/N refers to baseband,

it depends on the modulation deviation factors and ideal detection, makes a difference on improvements using matched filters and integration of all the energy in the symbol.

So, with same power level of co-channel interference and random noise, the modulated interference will cause less BER than random noise, right? If yes, why?

For example, in Bluetooth spec the co-channel C/I is 11dB. Then, can we regard it as inband SNR=11dB (ignore system noise) and analysis BER according this?

Do you mean co-channel interference? If yes, then the BER is determined by the signal-to-interference-plus-noise ratio (SINR), which is given by

\[\gamma=\frac{P_s}{P_I+P_N}\]

where P_s is the symbol power, P_I is the co-channel interference power, and P_N is the noise power.

Status
Not open for further replies.