Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IRDA through RJ45 - will work with laser diode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
irda to rj45

i once tried to build a similar circuit, i found that the laser diode i was trying to use didnt switched for freqs over 10khz, i guess it had a huge capacitance.

at first, i guess it migth work but before commiting to building the circuit you should get a laser diode able to work at the freqs involved.

As i see the laser should be able to perfom well into de 400mhz range.

Re: IRDA through RJ45

Well it is unclear how it can interface the RJ plug.
Is it unaware of the tcp/ip or does it leave everything to the network card and it only cares about the physical medium?
Can you make a low speed home network using infrared with this?

IRDA through RJ45

It's replacinig the Ethernet cable with the IR signal.

The output (TX) from the Network Interface card is modulating the Oscillator output - the crystal and 74AS04 are the oscillators, and the 74AS08's are the 'modulators'. The IR Diode and it's circuit demodulate the returned signal and drive the input of the Network Interface card (RX).

Status
Not open for further replies.