Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ir2110 replacement with fan7380

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are bootstrap half bridge drivers and have similar function. There are nevertheless some differences regarding supply voltage, control voltage levels and timing. You need to adjust your circuit parameters.

I am worried about ground connection of low side and digital ground.

In ir2110 VSS and COM have different path
In FAN7380 there is no Vss or vdd

Bit worried about safety in digital side

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925-201223_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220925-201223_Drive.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot_20220925-201232_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220925-201232_Drive.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 132

Hi,

post links to the datasheets. Then we all have complete informations and may talk about the same source of information.

Klaus

IR2110 doesn't provide isolation between VSS and COM, only a level shifter and a few volts compliance. In so far it's no safety feature, but can possibly avoid interference between output stage and logic. A galvanic connection between DC- and logic ground is required. Depends on your layout if you can take advantage of separate ground pins.

Datasheet is in attachment please solve my doubt
I have to use fan7380 for motor control acim
--- Updated ---

Fan7380
--- Updated ---

Right now i am n
IR2110 doesn't provide isolation between VSS and COM, only a level shifter and a few volts compliance. In so far it's no safety feature, but can possibly avoid interference between output stage and logic. A galvanic connection between DC- and logic ground is required. Depends on your layout if you can take advantage of separate ground pins.
Right now circuit is non isolated logic ground and power ground is star connected

If does fan7380 and ir2110 has same technique.

If i use COM side of fan7380 for low side mosfet ground and make star connection of logic and power ground then everything will be same

Attachments

• Infineon-IR2110-DataSheet-v01_00-EN (2).pdf
    486.1 KB · Views: 100
  • FAN7380-OP-D.PDF
    231.8 KB · Views: 106

Hi,

FANxxx is 8 pin IC,
IR2110 is 14/16 pin IC.
With 8 pins you are limited in IOs.

I agree with FvM.

If you need a more detailed answer we need to know more details about your application.
In your current application, how much voltage difference ( peak peak) do you expect between COM and VSS?

A schematic and a PCB layout whould be helpful.

May I ask why you choose FAN7380 ... when you are not satisfied with it?

Klaus

I
FAN7380 has very weak drive...said to be for CF lamps etc.

It has low current handle capacity of sink source which is acceptable
But in as ir2110 is rugged and never below up
What would be in case of Fan7380 does it has almost same internal structure except timing issues.
--- Updated ---

Hi,

FANxxx is 8 pin IC,
IR2110 is 14/16 pin IC.
With 8 pins you are limited in IOs.

I agree with FvM.

If you need a more detailed answer we need to know more details about your application.
In your current application, how much voltage difference ( peak peak) do you expect between COM and VSS?

A schematic and a PCB layout whould be helpful.

May I ask why you choose FAN7380 ... when you are not satisfied with it?

Klaus
I m using ir2110 for 110vac acim at 2khz pwm
Simple on off operation nothing special.

I am following standing application circuit as shown in datasheet.

"I am just worried about its internal structure if mosfet below up then never driver below up.
If i use cheap chinese ir2110 if mosfet below up then driver and mcu also below up in many cases"

Fan 7380 is easily avaliable at authorised distributer like element14 at low cost

Even ir2110 is not avaliable. Cheap Chinese are avaliable in market. Which do not follow its parameter specification

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.